This is one of my personal favorite konkani breakfast recipe which mom usually makes on Sundays as we get more time to enjoy it in Different forms – hot hot directly from pedavan, after cooling a bit and evening ramdana usli. I love it in all the possible ways. Since it has horsegram it is good for winters as it is heat in nature.
Ingredients required –
- Urad dal – 250grms
- Horse gram – 250grms
- Rice rawa – 750 grms
- Salt to taste
Method of preparation –
- Soak the urad dal overnight
- Next day grind the urad dal with washed horsegram( it is better to grind it in wet grinder )
- Take the rice rawa add salt to taste and add little water till it is soaked.
- Once the batter is smooth and fluffy (takes about 20min) transfer it to same vessel as that of rice rawa. Mix them all well.
- Keep the steamer on gas and add water. Keep it for boiling.
- Keep a banana leaf for lining and pour the prepared batter over it.
- Steam cook for about 20min
- Serve it hot with coconut oil.