Whenever we have overripe bananas the first choice in any house of Udupi/Mangalore is buns. But if you want to utilize these bananas in a healthy way this recipe may help. It is a instant recipe, can be packed in the tiffin box as well and I am sure kids will love the crispy and soft, sweet rotti. I thought it is something new when I made this rotti and told my mom. But she said she already knows it 😁 The smell of banana and jaggery cooked on low flame is a bonus 🤗
- Over ripe banana- 5(small, i took devabale)
- Grated coconut- 1/4 cup
- Jaggery – small piece (can increase if required)
- Salt to taste
- Bombay rawa – 1 cup (may vary based on consistency)
- Oil – for frying
Method of preparation-
- Remove the skin of the banana and mash them well.
- Add salt, grated jaggery(or jaggery powder), grated coconut and mix well.
- The mixture will release water and now add the rawa and mix very well.
- Keep aside for sometime say 15min.
- Heath the tawa, dip the hand in water and take a portion of the mixture.
- Spread it on the tawa with wet hand, this will help in spreading it fast and doesn’t stick to hand.
- Add oil and cook on low flame. This takes time to cook, about 10-15min per rotti.
- Serve hot with butter or chutney
- You can peel the skin of the overripe banana and freeze to use in this dosa
- You can also add finely chopped green chilly and ginger pieces to this dosa.