This is prepared as Naivedya during Ganesha chaturthi and Krishna Janmashtami in our house and now my mom prepares it for Sankashti every month. Panchakajjaya is supposed to have 5 ingredients and here they are chanadal, jaggery, Coconut, black sesme, ghee.
1. Chana Dal 250grms
2. Black Sesme – 1tsp
3. Coconut – 1
4. Jaggery – 400grms
5. Ghee – 2tsp
1. To prepare this Panchakajjaya, take a kadai and dry roast 250grms chana dal till aromatic.
2. Cool it completely and make a coarse powder.
3. Also dry roast about 1tsp of black sesme (teelu in konkani, ಕಪ್ಪು ಎಳ್ಳು).
4. Now grate 1 big Coconut, this has to be fresh one.
5. Also grate about 400grms jaggery.
6. Take a bowl add Coconut n jaggery and mix well to prepare choorna.
7. Now add chana dal powder and black sesme.
8. Mix well and finally add 2tsp ghee. This can be kept for about a week.
#panchakajjaya #konkani #gsb #vegrecipe