There are a number of ways in which we cook food – boiling, steaming, frying etc. In this recipe we directly fry the brinjal on gas. If we have wood fire the taste will be still enhanced. This is a simple yet lip smacking recipe if you like fire roasted veggies.
1. big brinjal
2. Tamarind – lemon sized
3. Grated coconut – about 5tsp
4. Green Chilly -4-5
6. Coconut oil – 2tsp
- Take one big brinjal and roast it directly on flame. Keep turning it so that it is cooked evenly from all the sides.
- Cool it and remove outer skin which will be charred.
- Now have a look at inner content for any spoilt spots or worms. Once done mash it well with hands.
- Now take a small lemon sized tamarind and prepare its extract by adding water.
- To mashed brinjal add about 5tsp grated coconut, 4-5 crushed green chilly (depending on spice level). If you have birds eye chilly use them.
- Add salt to taste, tamarind extract and mixed everything well with hands.
- Finally add 2tsp of Coconut oil and mix.
This goes well with pej/ಗಂಜಿ or dali toy.