There are some food items which tastes best when someone prepares it. Even though we follow the same procedure when they prepare it, it is different. This one curry is my sisters recipe – it is a combination of bombay chutney and zunka with slight modifications. We simply call it tomato piyava randayi. We pair it with neer dosa, chapati, buns, pav etc. Basically easy gravy with great taste.
- Jeera – 1/4tsp
- Garlic – 5-6
- Medium onion -2
- Tomato – 3
- Green chilli – 2
- Coriander leaves
- Gram flour -4tsp
- Chilli powder – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4tsp
- Oil – 4tsp
- Salt to taste
Method of preparation:
- Cut the onion, tomato n green chili into small pieces
- Take a pan add oil. Once it is hot add jeera. Let it splutter
- Next add garlic n fry till golden. Now add finely chopped green chilli n fry well. Then add onion and fry till golden brown.
- Then add tomatoes and cook till they turn mushy.
- Now add salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder. Chilli powder quantity can be varied as per spicy level needed.
- Mix everything very well till it looks like masala. Now add gram flour and fry along with the masala. This step is very important otherwise a raw taste of gram flour might come.
- Once done add little water and dissolve the mixture. Do not add more water as it may create lumps. Once everything is dissolved add about 1.5cup water or more to get the desired consistency.
- At this point we add 123 noodles masala to get a tangy taste. You may add pav bhaji masala, chole masala, maggi magic masala etc or completely avoid if you don’t like it.
- Finally add chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
Note : capsicum can also be added along with onion and tomatoes.