This dosa is liked by many because it is sweet and usually had hot with a dollop of butter on top. I like it for its rich yellow color and the porous texture. This is mostly prepared on the Uthana dwadashi which is also the day of Tulasi Pooja. My way of preparing this dosa is as below.
- Dosa rice – 1 cup
- Poha – 1/2 cup
- Jaggery – 1/3 cup
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/4tsp
- Oil – for frying
Method of preparation-
- Soak the dosa rice for about 3-4hrs along with Fenugreek (methi) seeds
- Wash and clean this and grind to a fine paste.
- Now rinse the poha(i have used thin poha) and grind along with jaggery.
- Mix everything and keep overnight for fermentation
- Next morning add salt and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Spread a thick layer of batter on a hot tawa and add oil .
- Cook it on medium flame. Since it is a thick porous dosa we don’t flip it. It is cooked from one side only.
Also please refer this recipe for Kirlele Mooga Ghashi(sprouted moong ghashi) which is prepared on Tulsi Pooja day.