I love raw jackfruit(kadgi) very much. I actually like it more than ripe ones. So when we get kadgi, we cut them, cook and store in refrigerator to prepare various dishes such as chakko, koddel, phodi and nonche. This was the first kadgi for this year and today was phodi day😁
- Red chilly – about 10
- Coriander seeds – 1/2tsp
- Garlic -10-15
- Salt to taste
- Oil – for shallow frying
- Rava – for coating
Method of preparation –
- Remove the skin of raw jackfruit and cut them into thin slices. Wash them clean.
- Next with little water cook them. You can either pressure cook or cook in a vessel. Cooking time may vary depending on the quality of the jackfruit.
- Once cooked cool and apply little salt.
- Prepare a masala paste by using red chilly soaked in hot water(for about 30min), coriander seeds, garlic and salt.
- Soaking red chilly makes it easy to grind. Let the paste be thick. You can use the water from Soaking chilly while preparing paste.
- Apply the masala paste to the kadgi slices and coat it with rava.
- Heat the tawa and fry them on both the sides by applying little oil.
Our lunch thali today. It has –
- Boiled rice
- Amaranthus leaves/ bhajji bendi
- Mattu gulla puddi sagle
- Kadgi phodi
- Urad papad
- Mango pickle