There are different ways in which cabbage ambado is prepared. In one of the method rice is soaked and ground with toor dal and it requires bit of a planning. But if you want to prepare it instantly then you can follow this method. The food carts also use same method to prepare these mouth watering ambades.
- Finely chopped Cabbage -1 cup
- Bombay rava – 1/2 cup
- Besan/gram flour- 3-4tsp
- Coriander seeds – 1tsp
- Chilly powder – 2-3tsp
- Salt to taste
- Hing- 1tsp
- Green chilly – 1
- Oil for frying
Method of preparation-
- Firstly chop the cabbage and also green chilly into tiny pieces
- Crush the coriander seeds and add to the cabbage
- Now add salt and chilly powder, hing powder and mix everything well. Allow it to rest for sometime so that cabbage softens.
- Then add gram flour and rava. You can add more rava if cabbage turns more watery.
- Adjust it till you can form small tikkis. You can add very little water if mixture turns too dry.
- Now heat the oil and deep fry them. Better to fry on medium heat so that it is uniformly cooked and does not burn from outside.
- You can serve it for lunch/dinner or as evening snacks.