Paneer dishes are always favorite at home. So when I decided to make something special this time decided to try my hands on matar paneer. It turned out delicious and with paneer and matar it is nutritious too. Here is how I prepared it.
- Onion -1
- Tomato – 3
- Ginger – small piece
- Garlic – 8-10 cloves
- Green chilli – 2
- Coriander leaves
- Fresh green peas – half cup
- Paneer cubes – 1 cup
- Milk – half cup
- MTR matar paneer powder
- Oil – 4tsp
Method of preparation:
- First cut the onion, green chilli, ginger, garlic and coriander leaves as shown in the pic.
- Puree the tomatoes
- Take a kadai, add oil. Once it is hot add ginger, garlic, green chilli. You can use ginger garlic paste as well.
- Once they are fried well, add the onion.
- Once onion turns golden brown, add the tomato puree, little water from cleaning the mixie.
- Mix well, bring it to boil. Then simmer the gas and cook for about 5min till it thickens.
- Then add the salt, matar paneer masala, milk and mix very well.
- Again cover and cook for 2-3min on medium flame till flavors are combined.
- Now add fresh green peas, paneer cubes and mix.
- Cook for another 2min and finally add coriander leaves.