One of the quick breakfast dish which I make often. I use roasted vermecili which saves the roasting time. If you are using non roasted vermecili, please add 2tsp oil or ghee and roast it on medium flame for about 5min and keep aside. This can be packed in lunch box as well. Only precaution to be taken is while adding water to avoid it from becoming sticky.
- Oil- 3tsp
- Ginger- small piece
- Garlic-8-10 pods
- Onion- 1big
- Vegetables (beans, carrots, baby corn, capsicum, green peas etc) – 1 cup
- Vermecili 1.5 cup
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder- 1/2tsp
- Chilly powder- about 2tsp
- Garam masala – 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves
- Green chilly- 2
Method of preparation-
- Firstly chop onion and other vegetables such as beans, carrots, baby corn, Cauliflower, capsicum. You can add as per availability. Make sure to chop them into tiny pieces.
- Now take a pan and add finely chopped ginger and garlic
- Fry them for a while and then add onion.
- Once it turns golden, add chopped green chilly.
- Next add the veggies and add 1/4 cup water. Cover and cook for 3-4min.
- Open and add the vermecili and mix well. Add the salt, chilly powder, turmeric powder and garam masala.
- Mix well and add water just to immerse everything. Don’t add more water.
- Cover and cook for 5min. Open and mix well
- Add coriander leaves. Keep it aside for sometime and then serve to avoid vermecili from breaking.