Tired of adding masalas to your rice preparation? Want a easy dish which can be #breakfast as well as #lunchbox ready? Give a try, this simple yet flavourful rice preparation is less known but surely going to impress you!
- Rice -1/2 cup
- Moong Dal – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 3tsp
- Mustard – 1/2tsp
- Jeera – 1/4tsp
- Curry Leaves – 1strand
- Ginger – small piece
- Green chilly -3
- Turmeric – 1/2tsp
- Freshly Grated coconut- about 5tsp
Method of preparation –
- Wash 1/2 cup rice(I used sona masuri) and half cup moong dal.
- Take a pan add 3tsp oil. Add mustard seeds and 1/4tsp jeera. Once spluttered and curry leaves, a small piece of finely chopped ginger and 3 finely cut green chilli. Add 1/2tsp turmeric.
- Then add rice and dal. Mix everything well.
- Add sufficient water to cook the mixture(3/4th of the pan). It will take 15-20min to cook. Keep the gas on medium flame and also add salt to taste. Once it is cooked completely top it with freshly grated coconut.
- While serving add lemon juice and enjoy.