There are many ways in which rice dishes are prepared. For me this veg fried rice is a easy lunch box preparation whichis filling as well as healthy. Also I prepare it during fridge cleaning days as we can add as many veggies(mostly those small pieces of cabbage, carrots etc). Today it looked very colorful with veggies so I thought of clicking pictures. I even add paneer or mushrooms too when available.
- Basmati rice – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 medium
- Carrot- 1
- Beans – 5-6
- Sweet corn – 1/4 cup
- Garlic- 8-10 pods
- Pepper powder – 3tsp
- Soya sauce- 3 tsp
- Salt if required
- Oil – 3+1tsp
- Green chilly – 1
Method of preparation-
- Chop the onion, carrots, beans, capsicum, green chilly into very small pieces. Also cut the garlic pods. I had chopped ginger and coriander leaves so used that as well.
- Wash the rice and cook it. Add 1tsp oil while cooking to avoid sticking. Do not overcook it. Strain and cool it completely. Generally I prepare rice the previous night and keep.
- Now take a pan add oil, you may add more oil if you like. Add ginger, garlic, green chilly and saute well.
- Next add onion and fry till brown.
- Then add carrots, beans and corn. Fry them on high flame.
- Next add corn and capsicum and keep stirring. At this point you can add paneer, baby corn or mushrooms too.
- Then add pepper powder and soya sauce. You can add little salt but soya sauce contains salt so check before adding.
- Finally add the cooked rice and mix carefully without breaking the grains.